I just set this up and finally I've found what I'm looking for!!!
Well, not entirely.

I'm an admin for a web hosting company.  We use Bruce Guenter's
Virtual Mail Manager for all of our users.  If there would be
any way to allow Sqwebmail to work with Bruce's virtual pop's,
welp, I'd be the happiest man alive.  :-)  The ability to setup
folder that check from alternate paths other then $HOME/Maildir.
The virtual users follow the same structure, but it's in
$HOME/users/username.

Also, we would probable give something like this its own machine,
which would mean that the system this is one would not be the MTA.
Mail sent from this machine uses that machine's fqdm as its origin.
I user preference, "YOUR DOMAIN" would be the best.  Or at least
a Reply-To preference.

Thanks and please keep up the development.  This is great.

-jeremy