On Mon, 08 Feb 1999 22:57:47 GMT, Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Robert Adams writes:
>> Hello all,
>> We just moved our mail server from sendmail to qmail... and I received the
>> following from one of our users. Anyone have a clue on this?
>> [...]
>> >B)  But, when I request a return receipt (I use Netscape
>> >Communicator/Messenger 4.05), it comes back with a message that the SMTP
>> >server cannot process a return receipt request.  Return receipts are one
>> >of the most useful functions I utilize in my mail.....  Can it be turned
>> >back on?
>
>No clue is required.  Qmail simply does not support DSN, a.k.a. "return
>receipt".
What Robert's users may be able to do (and which is IMHO more interesting)
is a return receipt when the receipient has read the mail. However this is a
function of the MDA, so with the receipient having NS this will work,
whereas most text oriented MDAs won't.
At least NS4.5 will act like this.

Regards
Mirko
--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] myhome_aka_~:http://sites.inka.de/picard
RedHat=~/rh52_isdn.html    teles16.3c=~/teles163c/teles163c_contents.html