Hello..

As i can see my post provoked few interesting answers. At the moment
everything looks like that hypotetical 500.000+ mailserver could be
implemented. There are just few remaining questions. If someone knows the
answers then please share them :)

a) how one can organize an independent quota system on OS with 16 bit uids.
How to do it fast (as it'll be checked and modified on every delivery/download
b) a lot of you is proposing netapp as a filesystem sharing solution. My
question is : does it support 32 bit uids? if it does then does it
implements any quota system on its own? How will it interoperate with an OS
with 16 bit uids then etc.
c) if we are using something like netapp then what network speed is
necesary to make that 500k mailserver running smoothly (i assume netapp
uses nfs).

that's it.

Kris