On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 05:07:08PM -0400, Robert Schader wrote:
# You would think that the rcpthosts file could serve a better purpose by
# allowing the machines listed in it to send anywhere, instead of any machine
# out on the internet to only send files to the machines in rcpthosts, which
# in the case of the same information being in locals, serves no purpose
# that I can see.
#

the rcpthosts and locals files are not duplicate information.

If you want to run virtualhosts they must be in the rcpthosts, virtualdomains
files and NOT in locals.

# I do have the info from the FAQ on selectively allowing certain hosts
# to set RELAYHOST and am going to try implementing that, otherwise I am
# going to add the user/password auth patch for qmail-smtpd from nimh.org
# since I ultimately need that for offsite POP access.

the RELAYCLIENT client method is the best way to have local machines use your
host as the SMTP relay.

--
/- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -\
|Justin Bell  NIC:JB3084| Time and rules are changing.         |