On 26-Oct-99 Alexander Jernejcic wrote:
> hi there,
> blame me, flame me, but i don't understand it:
> i am running a qmail server and i have to relay for our customers.
> so i set up tcp.smtp (yes, i did the tcprules thing) and put the
> virtual domains in rcpthosts following LWQ.
> after that, no host other than in rcpthosts was reachable.
> a mail that i sent from a remote (relayed) site produced:
> Oct 26 21:42:58 mail qmail: 940966978.193101 delivery 2: failure:
> Sorry,_I_couldn't_find_any_host_named_vav.at?._(#5.1.2)/
>
> 'dig vav.at mx' on my mailserver showed correct mx for vav.at, so it is not
> a nameserver related problem.
>
> removing rcpthosts everything is running smoothly but now i am an open
> relay, what i don't really want to.
>
> what am i doing wrong - and - excuse my english...

Before tcprules, what did the contents of tcp.smtp look like?  How are
you starting qmail-smtpd (what's the EXACT command line)?  Have you
applied ANY patches to qmail?   Did you install from an RPM or from the
sources?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   flame-mail: /dev/null
  # include <std/disclaimers.h>       Have you seen http://www.pop4.net?