apis wrote:

>         o Have you looked at Postfix?
>
> http://www.postfix.org
>
>         o Very nifty and easy to install as it is more *sendmail*
>
> replaceable without worrying much about changes in mail system as
>
> Qmail requires.
>
> Apis
> NNNN

Well, yes, I did look at Postfix and opted for qmail based on
other user's opinions. Qmail's control files are pretty nice
once you get used to them. Also, I have already have qmail
completely ready to go except for this one issue, which I
have managed to find the following solution to:

I did find a patch that let's me easily do what I wanted to
accomplish. It was by Chris Johnson, and controls relaying based
on the envelope sender's address, found at:
http://www.palomine.net/qmail/relaymailfrom.html
Granted, it is not the most secure option, but I tried a few
of the other similar user contribs, and they either failed to
work for me, or they just seemed too complicated. They were:
1. Mrs. Brisby's user/passwd auth for qmail-smtpd. Could not get
this to work at all. Followed her pages directions perfectly, as
far as they went.
2. David Harris's "smtp-poplock". This one just seemed to complicated
for me at the moment. It expects qpopup entries to be logged
somehow but failed to mention in any way I could find how to turn
on this logging and I could find no mention in the qmail docs of
how to log POP authentications. A quick check also revealed that
no logging was occuring for POPd as a default. No mention is made
in his docs to either splogger and I am not running yet with
tcpwrappers (or tcpserver) or the daemontools package.

I did download some of the others, such as open-smtp, but have
not had a chance yet to check them out.

Bob Schader