"Jacob (Mettavihari)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Could someone kindly point me to instructions on
>the "minimum" I require to install,
>to run a small mailserver, that give Windoze 95 pop accounts
>perhaps around 500 pop accounts.

The Installation section of "Life with qmail" is now complete. The
subsection on startup files covers what you need. It assumes you have
ucpspi-tcp and daemontools installed, too (both are trivial to
install).

See:

    http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#install-ucspi
    http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#install-daemontools

Unfortunately, the link to the startup section currently points to the
last subsection of the startup section (I used the same target), so
until tonight, the best way to get there is to follow the
#install-daemontools link and page down.

-Dave