Well, I DEFINITELY HUP'd. In fact, in addition, I halted the system and
restarted.

Well, I don't know what "adjustments to my inetd's needs" are. If I recall,
it specified that file locations of the programs, which were correct and the
same on my system.

So, I guess, in that sense, I "botched" the inetd setup for smtp on my
system.

What "adjustments" are required? Oh, wait, if inetd became unsupoorted after
1.03 why isn't it just stricken from the
tarball docs?

But I am curious.

Alex Miller

    http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#installation

It also leaves you with a handy administrative interface that supports
such commands as:

    "qmail start": start qmail
    "qmail stop": stop qmail
    "qmail stat": show the status of the qmail system
    "qmail cdb": rebuild the tcpcontrol cdb file for smtp
    "qmail restart": shut qmail down and restart it
    "qmail doqueue": tell qmail-send to try to deliver all queued mail
    "qmail reload": reread locals and virtualdomains
    "qmail queue": show status of the queue
    "qmail pause": temporarily pause qmail
    "qmail cont": continues paused qmail

>Also, if qmail doesn't support the inetd why does the install
>instructions say to install it that way?

Inetd became unsupported after the release of 1.03.

-Dave