> BTW, you really should use tcpserver from daemontools. Inetd doesn't
> work very well and is unsupported with qmail.

Certainly on my system, smtp did NOT function when I placed the same command
in my inetd as per the tarball instructions but when I installed the Memphis
RPM, which uses the ucsi-tcpserver instead, smtp worked.

Is there a tarball for qmail that directs you to use and provide
installation steps for ucsi-tcpserver.

Also, if qmail doesn't support the inetd why does the install
instructions say to install it that way?