"Alex Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> But, currently, it IS permissible on this list to post messages that
> say things like "your an idiot" or "this is off topic", "this has
> nothing to do with qmail".

Here's just $.02, since I think I was the latest one to say "You're an
idiot" on this list.

If you consult the qmail archives, you will find occasional posts by
me going back about two years. Some of those questions were so
breathtakingly idiotic that nobody bothered to reply at all. Yes, if
someone had pointed out that I was an idiot I would have felt rather
hurt. Hopefully, I am a less idiotic qmail user today. In general,
idiocy is not necessarily a terminal, nor a permanent, condition.

Sadly, there is such a thing as idiocy. Posting a question, ignoring
several answers, and then complaining that nobody is helping, is just
plain idiotic. If the fellow in question objects to being
characterized as an idiot, he has at least two choices. One is to
shove off; another is to behave less idiotically.

Other choices include a series of posts indicating that Qmail (or its
documentation) sucks, or interjecting remarks like "I'll simply
privately curse djb (et all) and wait...", or complaining that people
trying to help are just "[spouting] a bunch of baseless crap"
etc.. Oh, that's right! The idiot in question also did all of those
things.

Len.

--
Spool and process your email with maildircmd.
<http://www.pobox.com/~lbudney/linux/software/maildircmd.html>