In any test the subjects fall into 4 groups.
Those who correctly test positive
Those who mistakenly test positive
Those who correctly test negative
Those who mistakenly test negative

My concern is that I want to see the dialogue that transpires between
those who are mistakenly called idiots or off-topic posters and
those who might have clues to the problems that need solving installing,
using, and understanding qmail.

My serious objection in the case you mentioned was not the fact that
the word "idiot" was used even if for supposed cause but that it was
used to squelch any further discussion in a subject of great interest
to me, the behavior of qmail in a firewall environment and what can
happen to someone who is offering qmail services to the public and
is the target of nefarious folk.

I could care less about idiocy. I wish every idiot who had a problem
posed a question. I can answer some of them, and perhaps I can learn
something from the answers.

So, the idiots can post to my list if they want. Then this list will
be sans idiots with questions and my list will be full of idiots with
questions.

But on my list there will be no rule enforcement allowed.