On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 01:24:28PM -0700, Lyndon Griffin wrote:
> There you have it...  "make setup check" doesn't add/change that line in
> inetd.conf for you, but other than that it looks pretty "out of the box" to
> me.  Then, to read that in conjunction with the statement on the web site IS
> confusing and misleading.

"make install" for any other program doesn't add lines to your inetd.conf
either.  I don't see how this is relevant.

> Now, if this configuration isn't supported, the instructions in the
> distribution need to be changed.  Or something needs to change, like maybe
> including tcpserver as part of the qmail distribution, if that is the
> supported method.  Or is there a supported method?

The decision to not support inetd was made after qmail 1.03 was released and
was announced on this list.  I assume that the documentation will be
corrected in the next version.

I don't really know what your agenda is here.  There are a lot of different
ways to install qmail.  The instructions in INSTALL work for most people.
They worked fine for me the first time, even though I had to adapt the
settings to xinetd.  I didn't ask here how to configure my xinetd, I
consulted the xinetd documentation.

--Adam