> >Maybe we just have too high an opinion of your intelligence?
>
> Come on, is this kind of comment really necessary?  Good grief.

No... especially not when no-one has too high an opinion of anyone ELSE's
intelligence ;)

To ask a quick question (to try and keep on the topic):

When I read through any of the licensing details I could find for qmail (not
many!) I was under the impression that the qmail package was made freely
available, as long as no-one distributed a modified (no matter how slightly)
version of qmail.  Isn't the point of this to make sure qmail always
functions exactly the same in any given environment?  To prevent things like
"do <blabla> to qmail to make it work.... except in the case of Fuqix
v4.36.3w656.36 where you should do <blablabla>"?

I was also under the impression that I was perfectly able to distribute
qmail as long as I (a) did not sell it and (b) did not distribute binaries
(to prevent qmail failing on a differently configured system).

Do I have anything wrong?