There is proposed new law on the matter--recent revisions to the
Uniform Commercial Code, Section 2B, a/k/a UCITA (Uniform Computer
Information Transactions Act).  It has been approved by the National
Conference of Commissioners for Uniform State Law and will be introduced
in most state legislatures early next year.  Do a web search for "UCITA"
or "UCC 2B" and you'll find all kinds of opposition web pages.

Jim Lippard       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.discord.org/
Unsolicited bulk email charge:   $500/message.   Don't send me any.
PGP Fingerprint: 0C1F FE18 D311 1792 5EA8  43C8 7AD2 B485 DE75 841C