On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:30:34 -0400 (EDT), Vince Vielhaber wrote:

>I don't know that Dan's actually come up with licensing terms for the
>remaining items.  I know that he knows that I'm using tcpserver for more
>than just qmail-smtpd.  We've discussed it at length.  I'm using it for

www.pobox.com/~djb/rights.html:

"I don't know which of these theories will succeed in court. I also
don't think you should have to care. So I promise I won't sue you for
copyright violation for downloading documents from my server."

www.pobox.com/~djb/softwarelaw.html:

"Once you've legally downloaded a program, you can compile it. You can
run it. You can modify it. You can distribute your patches for other
people to use. If you think you need a license from the copyright
holder, you've been bamboozled by Microsoft. As long as you're not
distributing the software, you have nothing to worry about."

-Sincerely, Fred