Is it absolutely necessary to do this?  I would like to at least get it
functioning with 'mbox' support before I start messing with patches.  is there
anything else I need to do first?  I have a nasty suspicion that if it's not
working now, with it's 'most favored' mailbox format, it's going to work even
less well with a patched mailbox format.

Ben

> > I just installed the U of W imapd.  Apparently there are no configuration
> > options for this server.  My understanding is that it uses whatever mailbox
> > setup is currently being used by Linux.  So...  I set up a .qmail file in a
> > users ("charlie") home directory containing the line "/home/charlie/mbox" and
> > sent a half dozen messages to that user.  I viewed his mbox file with less just
> > to confirm it did indeed contain the messages.  Then I set up an account for
> > charlie in Outlook 98 and attempted to view his messages.  Outlook connected
> > just fine, but didn't indicate that there was any mail to be read in his folder!
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Yes. Use Maildir delivery, and David Harris fine patch-FIXES for the
> qmail-imap-patches. Everything is nicely wrapped up here:
>
> http://www.davideous.com/imap-maildir/

---