[EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> there are instructions with qmail (read INSTALL.vsm) for configuring
> qmail to deliver to /var/mail, and there are instructions with the UW
> imap package (at least v4.5 and 4.6 in docs/CONFIG) for how to modify
> imapd to read from a users home dir.

If you want to make UW IMAP read from the Mailbox file in the user's home
directory, you can just apply the imap-4.5-qmail.patch from my
davideous.com/imap-maildir/ site. This patch causes the Mbox driver to look for
the INBOX in the standard qmail location of ~/Mailbox instead of in the system
mail spool (which is /var/spool/mail/$USER on my system).

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services