Thus said Jason Haar on Mon, 08 Nov 1999 10:36:38 +1300:

> We have a 64Kb Frame Relay link with burst to 128Kb. We have users here
> sending their current favourite 3 Mb MP3 file to 30 friends - effectively
> taking our Internet link offline for the next several hours. Qmail being the
> great bandwidth chewer it is suddenly has 20 concurrent qmail-remotes
> running all delivering the same Email message to 20 different people - some
> of who are on the same server (i.e. hotmail.com). I've actually upped our
> concurrency limit due to this "feature" of qmail. Of course another
> side-effect of this is that other users mail ends up being queued as the
> concurrency limit's been hit.
Sounds like you should educate your users.  They shouldn't be using SMTP at
all for sending MP3s.  The standard protocol for transfering files is FTP,
not SMTP.   I believe you can setup qmail to reject emails > than some
specified size.
Andy
--
        +====== Andy ====== TiK: garbaglio ======+
        |    Linux is about freedom of choice    |