According to the new book "Programming Internet Email" by Wood at
O'Reilly, qmail does not satisfy the needs of a large company with
complex needs---only sendmail does.  See bottom of page 17.

> According to Dan's surveys, "everyone" is 65% and dropping.

It seems that the droppage is due to people starting to use
Post.Office more than any other MTA (1:10 = PO:sendmail ; 1:20 =
qmail:sendmail).  Also, much more site *started* to use sendmail than
qmail---or any other MTA.

Finally the last survey on Dan's site is more than one year old.

1997:
  6531 sendmail
    72 Post.Office
    70 Netscape Mail Server, same as Post.Office
    51 qmail

1998:
  11583  sendmail
   1102  Post.Office
    778  IMail
    638  MS Exchange
    566  NT Mail
    552  qmail
    511  Netscape Messaging Server, formerly Netscape Mail Server

Despite all these RedHat is still using qmail on its list server.  Not
only that, lately, they even doubled the number of hosted lists.  Are
they nuts?

As their most significant shareholder ($25,000 on a $1,400 August
investment), I think I am entitled to ask some tough questions.

Indeed, RH went as far as trying to buy Corel just so that (rumor has
it) finally they could distribute qmail.

Finally my own stat

# cat xferlog|grep "var-qmail-create-1.03-102memphis.src.rpm"|
  awk '{print $7,$9}'|sort -u|wc -l
   1859

since Sept 1.

Mate