Kristina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Tue, 28 Dec 1999:
> My qmail is starting okay, however when I try to do a mail test:
> echo to: kristina | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
>
> The following error is returned:
> stty: : No such device or address
>
> Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing you have a stty command in either your
personal .profile for that user, or in the /etc/profile file.  The shell
gets invoked for the pipe, including executing the startup file(s), but
there's no attached tty, and so stty complains.

If you're using something else than bash (or relative), adjust the above
by substituting your shell's startup files...

In any case, it's very likely not a qmail problem, qmail doesn't execute
stty.

HTH,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /