From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 08:53:33 +0200

   > Bob Rogers (Mon 08.0500-23:47):

   > Not here, but that may not mean much.  My guess is that mutt is
   > expecting the named program to be sendmail-compatible and is passing it
   > extra options, but qmail-inject is not taking sendmail options.  Try
   >
   >    set sendmail="/var/qmail/bin/sendmail"

   ok, thorough procedure requires me to try.  but i checked with the original
   sendmail and qmail's wrapper for qmail-inject of the same name:  neither
   takes "-B".

Hmm.  On my Red Hat 6.0 system, "man sendmail" (for the sendmail 8.9.3
version originally installed) explains "-B" as follows:

     -Btype      Set the body type to type. Current legal values [are]
                 7BIT or 8BITMIME.

And my local /var/qmail/bin/sendmail (qmail 1.03) does ignore -B:

    rgr> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail -t
    to: rogers
    subject: test

    foo bar
    rgr> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail -t -Bfoo
    to: rogers
    subject: test

    more testing.
    rgr>

I got both of these test messages.  So, as long as you use
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail, this looks like an unrelated mutt configuration
problem, eh?  Maybe *you* have to specify the "-t" explictly . . . ?
But I've never used mutt, so that's just a guess.

                                        -- Bob Rogers