> > I plan to have a directory structure in place such as:
> > /home/domain1/mail/user1
> > /home/domain1/mail/user2
> > etc
>
> This looks like you're planning on setting up home directories for virtual
> mail users -- why?  Do they need shell/ftp/other access?  If so, they're
> not really virtual mail users.  A virtual mail user doesn't need an account
> of their own -- they just need a POP mailbox (or IMAP, etc).

The directory structure will be used for web/ftp hosting as well... for
example:

/home/domain1/public_html/
/home/domain1/anon_ftp/
/home/domain1/mail/

Shell access is still up in the air with regards to security issues. But that's
not for this list to discuss...

Thanks for any other ideas. Ken sent me a link for Inter7 which seems to be
what I need for the virtual mail hosting. Many thanks.

Ian