On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 03:10:08PM -0800, Jon Rust wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I'm in the exect same place. Finally implemented rblsmtpd, and would
> now like to reject addresses with fake domains. I found this:
> http://qmail.area.com/qmail-1.03-mfcheck.3.patch, but have not yet
> tried it. I was hoping to get some feedback from list on it, but
> apparently no one here uses it.

hi

just wanted to mention this patch which was reccomended to me but i haven't seen
mentioned: http://www.flame.org/qmail/

you want poor documentation? this guy's consists of "I won't explain how to apply
these patches. I assume you know what you're doing."

according to this page the patch provides dns lookups on the smtp MAIL FROM line,
checks headers against a 'badheaders' file, rejects based on RBL, and adds a warning
header to matches against the MAPS DUL.

before i go applying this.. any commentary from users of this patch, or judgements on
how it compares to other antispam patches?

i am suspect of this patch because flame.org is full of antispam rhetoric and links,
but doesn't seem to link to this patch.

thanks

jeff

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  collab.net | open source | do what's right | now hiring people with clue