On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 10:55:09AM +0200, Michael Raff wrote:
[snip]

> I own the pobox.co.za domain and am having the same problem. Someone is
> spamming faking a rubbish source address from the @pobox.co.za domain. The
> first line in the headers that gives any smtp info is

> (Worldmail 1.3.167); 1 Apr 2000 07:52:43 +0100

Ok. Ignore the excite.com part, that is fake. 209.203.247.83 is actually
some host at lightrealm.com.

adv-www.advancedgroup.co.uk is an open relay, listed in ORBS.

> I am just getting the rejected emails that are sent to non-existent address
> on the spammers send list, and that alone is in the hundreds of emails.

Well, redirect all mail for that garbage address to #

> Can anyone suggest a way I can prevent this? Maybe it is time we blacklist
> all free email domains.

That would have no effect in this case.

Greetz, Peter.
--
Peter van Dijk - student/sysadmin/ircoper/madly in love/pretending coder