Thanks for the info.

>Why don't you try it - it's very easy to do.

I know it's easy to do. Actually, we've had the -R flag on tcpserver for
a couple of months now. And I haven't *observed* any negative side
effects. But qmail is a complex system, so there could be side effects
going on that I wouldn't be aware of. So I'm simply trying to draw on
the "eyes and ears" of this bright, happy community of qmail listers to
see if they have any useful insight. As the proverb says, "Plans fail
for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed." If informed
people tell me it's not an issue, I'm a happy camper and we'll go with
it! (Of course if nobody says anything, then we might go with it anyway
:)

Dave