Russell Nelson wrote:

> Andre Oppermann writes:
>  > Russell Nelson wrote:
>  > > What does ldap user lookup have to do with qmail-smtpd??
>  >
>  > Actually nothing, but qmail-smtpd in the qmail-ldap patch does full
>  > logging.
>
> What if I want qmail-ldap but not a modified qmail-smtpd (the one that
> Dan wrote being nice and secure and me not wanting it touched)?

You can have that, there are no ldap specific modifications in it's
qmail-smtpd. The only ldap modified stock qmail programs are qmail-
lspawn and qmail-local.

New programs are qmail-reply, auth_pop, auth_imap, digest, qmail-
quotawarn, qmail-ldaplookup.

> Wouldn't it be a Better Thing(tm) is qmail-ldap just gave me
> qmail-ldap and not all that other stuff?

Yes and No.

The main purpose of the qmail-ldap patch is to have an ldap mail-
server/-cluster out of the box without the need to apply a dozen
patches extra. And that is exactly what qmail-ldap does. It's not
a patch which add's ldap but a mail server solution.

--
Andre