> qmail-smtpd doesn't log it, but qmail records it in a Received: header,
like
> any other MTA does.  Is this not sufficient?  You could create a wrapper
> around qmail-smtpd which logs this information to stdout if you like.

Actually sendmail does record this as "relay=host.domain [1.2.3.4]" in it's
log file. (again I am simply referring to the last relay hit before the
message is delivered, not the originating mail server.)
So I assume qmail has no built-in way to record this? I'd rather not have to
write a wrapper
to get this information from each message header, unless of course that is
the only option. Any helpful info on how to go about writing such a program?

Thanks,
 --Chris

> Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi, I'm fairly new to q-mail so go easy on me. I've looked through all
sorts
> > of documentation and I haven't been able to find a way to do this yet. I
> > can't get qmail to log the address of a remote mail server thats sends
it
> > mail to be delivered locally. example, spot.netnitco.net is running
qmail.
> > the user joe gets his mail at spot.netnitco.net. someone else (using
> > mail.netnitco.net as his smtp server) sends a message to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED], qmail logs this happening of course and the mail
is
> > delivered to joe fine. But qmail does not log that the connection came
from
> > mail.netnitco.net, I would like it to do this for several reasons. I'm
not
> > sure exactly what information you'll all need from me to help me out,
I'm