> > Actually sendmail does record this as "relay=host.domain [1.2.3.4]" in
it's
> > log file.
>
> I'm not familiar with sendmail.  Does it record this log line only for
messages
> with a non-local envelope recipient?  That would make it tricky to emulate
> with a wrapper around qmail-smtpd.

As far as I know this is put on every type of transfer,
remote-to-remote,remote-to-local, and local-to-remote. I only really need to
have it logged for remote-to-local x-fers, for say finding out the address
of an open spam relay that keeps sending me junk, that is my end-goal.
Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way, but in the past with sendmail I
have always been able to get this information from my logs.

Thanks,
 --Chris