> James (Wed 17.0500-04:31):
> I am using Mandrake 7.02 and I am trying to get vpopmail

isn't mandrake a kind of poisonious snake eating ape?  i don't know where
the ape wants his starter scripts, but on unix systems it should either go
into /usr/local/bin/<your-name-for-the-script> to get called manually, or
into /etc/rc.local to get called automatically on startup.  linux hides his
startup-scripts in peculiar places at times, but, fortunately, every linux
distribution does it differently, so you would have to search the manuals
(yes i know this is not what you want) on the subject of initialisation.

>     env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
>         tcpserver -H -R -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c20 -u503 -g503 0 smtp \
>         /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 > /dev/null &

incidently:  if you set up the smtp daemon this way nobody will listen to
it's status messages, because they get dumped in the bit/bucket.  if you
use multilog, "> /dev/null&" should be deleted for the logger to be able to
catch it ("hark!  is this the wind?  or are daemons talking to me?").

but this is another story.  feel free to feedback.

--
clemens                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        do                                              D4685B884894C483