clemensF wrote:
:>     env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
:>         tcpserver -H -R -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c20 -u503 -g503 0 smtp \
:>         /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 > /dev/null &
:incidently:  if you set up the smtp daemon this way nobody will listen to
:it's status messages, because they get dumped in the bit/bucket.  if you
:use multilog, "> /dev/null&" should be deleted for the logger to be able
:to catch it ("hark!  is this the wind?  or are daemons talking to me?").

Now you're speaking geek, err.. greek to me.  That example is taken
directly from vpopmail's Faq (http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/FAQ) list,
number 4. on that page.  It's the suggested script for using qmail with
roaming users.

Ok, I figured my startup script was in /etc/rc.d/intit.d/, and it's the
startup script
(http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#start-qmail) 2.8.2 suggested
by Life With Qmail.. and I saved it as "qmail"  Qmail seems to be working
ok for now, but when I boot, I don't "see" it starting in the bootup
process (as I see other things starting, like httpd, etc.).

My question about the startup script from vpopmail is.. where do I insert
that script in the qmail startup?  Or do I just wipe out the current qmail
startup script and use only vpopmail's startup?

Thanks

James