Mandrake happens to be a very good Linux distribution based on RedHat, which
runs on the majority of Linux powered servers.  The startup scripts are
all found in /etc/rc.d/init.d and this is uniform on most Linux distributions.
The only different one is Debian which the startup scripts are located in
/etc/init.d .

Brent

--
http://www.matzelle.net