> The only way for this attack to work is to talk to qmail on a
> secondary MX (and have primary MX generate 26 distinct
> bounces), but then the effect of the mailbomb is probably
> diminished by the (allegedly) poor line between secondary and
> primary (why would you care about secondary, otherwise?).

Secondaries are not the only case. We for example have a system of chained
qmail servers with enough bandwith between them. All go through one
gateway server. All the subdomain systems do not have direct Internet
access.

Internet  <-->  gateway qmail  <---+--->  subdomain1 qmail

                                   |--->  subdomain2 qmail

Regards, Frank