On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 04:10:42PM -0700, Eric Cox wrote:

> Whatever happened to helping other people make their services better,
> rather than declaring all-out war on them and trying to destroy them?
> We're misplacing all of the anger that we have for spammers onto ORBS
> simply because a few test messages find their way in just like spam,
> and declaring war without even thinking it through.

That's uncalled for.

ORBS has stepped way over the line on numerous occasions.  Instead of
"helping other people make their services better," they apply a
sledgehammer.  If anyone started this war, it's ORBS.

As for the supposed benefits of ORBS and RBL and whatever else, I find
a good mailfilter or procmail script to be the most effective.

But this is all way off topic for this list.

--
David Benfell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                        [from fortune]