"Michael T. Babcock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> "Nathan J. Mehl" wrote:
> > Qmail is not "open source software".  Is not now.  Has never been.  In
> > all probability never will be.
>
> You are free to tell me where I was supposed to agree to a license agreement
> before downloading it

Those license agreements are not legally binding.  See
<URL:http://cr.yp.to/softwarelaw.html>.  Also, the existence (as
opposed to the content) of those license agreements have nothing
whatsoever to do with the definition of Open Source software.  See
<URL:http://www.opensource.org/osd.html>.  qmail's license does not
meet these requirements.

> and/or where the LICENSE file is and/or where the license is
> embedded in C source files ...

The license terms aren't not required to be distributed along with the
material they apply to in order to be legally binding.

paul