[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 13 September 2000 at
04:37:19 -0700

Yes, it will.  The "devel" variant of glibc is needed if you intend to
compile software, essentially any software, on your system.  Which is
exactly what you're trying to do.

(I'm running Redhat 6.2, with qmail build from the source tarball.)

 > I have a feeling I will just be a lot lower on disk space after this.  After
 > all I have those .h files its looking for on the drive now.
 >
 > What I do not have is a need for a full fledged "development" installation.
 > This is a 486 with 8 megs of ram on a 500 meg hard drive and the less
 > compiling and un-needed installations I do the better.

Yep, that's going to be tight.  Especially memory.  I ran a 486/100
with 48 meg of ram for a while recently.  But my first qmail install
was on a 386/25 with 8 meg of ram, and that ran for years, doing mail
and web too, at my friendly local ISP.  So you should be able to make
it work.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b