Frank Tegtmeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I suggest that everyone who feels that linuxpeople is stupid should
> ignore him NOW.  Everyone who thinks there is any hope he will get his
> system up should support him by private mail NOW.

While in general I agree with the sentiment of your message, I intend to
keep helping people with qmail installation problems on the qmail mailing
list, as I think that's what it's for.  If Dan disagrees with me, it's his
list and he can tell me to stop, but other people not liking to deal with
people with a very beginning knowledge of Linux isn't sufficient reason
for me to stop helping them.

The first time I installed Red Hat, I too found it extremely unintuitive
that the package named glibc-devel is *not* for developing glibc, like it
sounds, but is instead needed if you intend to compile anything at all
ever.  I've since then gotten used to the -devel naming convention, but I
still find it somewhat odd and I'm happy to help someone else out who had
the same misunderstanding that I had and did the same thing that I did the
first time I installed Red Hat (namely not install that package and then
wonder where all my include files went).

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>