On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 11:20:51AM +0200, Clemens Hermann wrote:
> there are two packages on the net fulfilling my needs - vmailmgr and the
> inter7 suite.
> Could one say that one of the two is "better"? So fare I use the "Bruce
> Guenther way" for virtual mailusers but not his package (only "natural"
> qmail) and I am really satisfied.
> Now I need to choose one of the two tools but I am not sure which would be
> the better choice for my purpose. It would be great if someone could give me
> a hint, I need the following things:
>
> virtual users

Of course.

> databases for users and aliases

Ours uses either CDB or GDBM tables for users.  Patching it to use *SQL
tables would not be difficult, but it hasn't been done yet.

> pop access
> imap access

Of course.

> quota support

Both per-domain and per-virtual-user is supported -- each domain is a
seperate UID, so just put a filesystem quota on that user for per-domain
quotas.

> html-mail-administration

Several ways.  The package comes with some simple CGIs, oMail is a PHP
web administration package, and I just finished another one.

> webmail
>
> I did not see webmail in the vmailmgr package, does sqwebmail run with the
> vmailmgr without problems?

You can do webmail through IMP or anything else that accesses IMAP.
--
Bruce Guenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://em.ca/~bruceg/

PGP signature