On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 11:20:51AM +0200, Clemens Hermann wrote:
> Could one say that one of the two is "better"? So fare I use the "Bruce
> Guenther way" for virtual mailusers but not his package (only "natural"
> qmail) and I am really satisfied.

I don't know the vpopmail suite real good, so I can only speak about vmailmgr
( http://www.vmailmgr.org ).

> virtual users
yes, needing one unix account per mail domain (less if you are creating
domain mappings)

> databases for users and aliases
cdb format. administration from the shell, or using an interface (php or python)

> pop access
> imap access
> quota support
everything supported, plus autoresponders and forwarders

> html-mail-administration
There is currently my own project : omail-admin ( http://omail.omnis.ch/ )
which needs a webserver with php4 support. Online demo :
http://admin.omnis.ch/admin2/  (test.com + test).

There are also phython and C cgi's included in the package.

> webmail

There are no official packages, but you can also use omail-webmail which
supports vpopmail and vmailmgr systems : http://webmail.omnis.ch/omail.pl?action=about

Good luck, and see you soon on the vmailmgr mailing list :)
Olivier
 Olivier Mueller - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland

PGP signature