On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 11:20:51AM +0200, Clemens Hermann wrote:

> there are two packages on the net fulfilling my needs - vmailmgr and
> the inter7 suite.  Could one say that one of the two is "better"? So
> fare I use the "Bruce Guenther way" for virtual mailusers but not his
> package (only "natural" qmail) and I am really satisfied.  Now I need
> to choose one of the two tools but I am not sure which would be the
> better choice for my purpose. It would be great if someone could give
> me a hint, I need the following things:

I am a fan of vpopmail by Inter7.

> virtual users

Of course.  Single UID/GID

> databases for users and aliases

CDB or MySQL.  Decide at compile time.  I believe you can mix and
match...

> pop access

Of course.

> imap access

Supported natively by Mr. Sam's excellent Courier-IMAP package.  We use
both IMAP and POP3 at the ISP where I work.

> quota support

Yep.

> html-mail-administration

qmailadmin, also by Inter7, is a full-featured admin package for
vpopmail.

> webmail

Ummmm...  I think there are three or four that Inter7 recommends and
work with native support for Vpop.  There was one written in house here
before I converted to vpop, so I haven't tried any of the others.

For me, another big plus of vpopmail is the outstanding support from
Ken Jones and the rest of the crew at Inter7.  On a couple of occasions
I have reported bugs to the list and had patches within six hours.
There are, of course, very active mailing lists for vpopmail and
qmailadmin.

Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101