Hi Jay,

"Austad, Jay" wrote:

> Unfortunately, I installed the boxes that need the modification
> with an rpm.  I suppose this will possibly screw things up if
> I use some binaries from a tarball and some from the possibly
> modified rpm version.

I just accomplished patching the big-concurrency patch and I
wouldn't mind helping out but I did everything from tar balls.

If its a stock linux, you may face some compiling errors like
I did.  Luckily, I was guided from very generous people on this
list so I succeeded, and I wrote a follow-up that you could
search for in the archives, or I can send it if you want.

I run an RPM based LINUX also, but followed Life with Qmail:
  http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html
very closely and was up and running very quickly.

cheers,
jamie

ps
I thought RPMs were nice at the beginning, but after a
while RPMs became more of limitations in most cases.

-- If somebody can help create a search engine for my room,
   I will call them a Saint...
   GUI == Graphical User Interference