On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 04:30:24PM -0400, Charles McLagan wrote:
> Because, just like with this email, I hit "reply all" and
> Microsoft Outlook puts your address and the list address
> into the To: field.
>
> Netscape puts your address in To: and the list in Cc: -
> same problem.
>
> And it's annoying to get duplicate messages....
>
> Now, one can trash Microsoft, or Netscape, or whoever
> makes the MUA, but the bottom line is, this is how they
> work and this is how 99% of users would use them even
> if there were a reply-to-recipient choice.
>
> So the question is: is there a sensible (or kludgey, hack,
> yet sufficient) way to cope with it today?

Not using microshaft brokenware.  Use a real MUA, for example, Mutt, which
you tell what mailing lists you subscribe to, and then use the List-Reply-To
(L) when replying.  It also generates Mail-Followup-To headers for the lists
you're subscribed to (and even lists you're not subscribed to, if you tell
Mutt about them.)

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | "No matter how much it changes,
http://flounder.net/publickey.html   |  technology's just a bunch of wires