> for the reasons you point out below. I have also noticed that I am receiving
> quite a bit of SPAM from the same source. So, my goal would be to find a way
> to block that host from sending me any more mail. I do realize that I would

You need to explain what you mean by "the same source". Same IP? Same server pool,
same name in the From:?

> I hope this explains what I am trying to accomplish. If there is a way to do
> this with qmail that would be great. Otherwise I guess I could try to use
> hosts.deny and see if that works.

That sounds irrelevant. hosts.deny is normally a tcpwrapper file. Unless
you're running qmail-smtpd out of inetd, hosts.deny is not in the loop.

On the matter of SPAM research. Check out www.abuse.net and spam.abuse.net.

Regards.