From: Adam McKenna [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2000 6:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Bogus MAIL FROM (SPAM)

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 08:33:54PM -0400, Aaron Newcomb wrote:
> So, are you saying there is no way to block certain hosts in qmail? I find
> that hard to believe. Qmail has been a pretty good package so far, and I
> can't believe that would be so limited in this area. Also, what do you
mean
> I will not be able to "receive mail from a large percentage
> of the domains on the internet."

You stated that you want to block mail from hosts that have a different
domain in the SMTP MAIL FROM: and the HELO.  You obviously don't understand
the implications of what you are asking.  Do you think that every mail
domain
on the internet is hosted on a separate machine?

> I have not had any problems up to this
> point. Lastly, I am not sure what comment you are trying to make about my
> MCSE certification, but I am proud of the training I have had on all the
> operating systems I work with whether they be MS, UX, Linux or otherwise.

I'm proud of you too.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | "No matter how much it changes,
http://flounder.net/publickey.html   |  technology's just a bunch of wires