I some ways I agree with you again. I took TCP/IP as well and if the exam
wasn't called "TCP/IP on Microsoft Windows" and touching all the MS specifics,
I would have thought higher of it. I did do Cisco and Novell certs before and
so it wasn't news in any way.

About the resume: see the thing is that this was true a couple of years ago,
but taking how easy MCSE actually is - i mean you can complete the cert in one
week without any training (this is what i did) - many people now use it as an
entrance path into IT. and the more MCSE's without real experience that exist,
the less the MCSE cert is going to be worth. it might still be true that MCSE
will get you a better position on job choices, but i have recently encountered
many companies who are totally unimpressed by MCSE or who require it anyway as
a sort of base level because it is considered a "popular" certification.

martin

        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(greetings from the heart of the sun)