Hi Martin,

what do you mean by "root-level-folders" ?
With a MUA you can only create folders in your INBOX. If you want to
create public-shared-folders you have to use maildirmake (which is part
of courier-imap), perhaps with a combination of
/usr/lib/courierimap/etc/maildirshared.
How folders in your private namespace are displayed, depends on the MUA
you are using. In Netscape this are all subfolders of "INBOX".

But for further information you should look at man maildirmake or at the
courier-mailing-list.
I am quite happy with courier-imap and I would not recommend any other
imapd with maildir-patches.

Bye
  Georg

--

Georg Lutz                   | http://www.erc.de
ERC - Euro Regio Consult AG  | Tel: +49 7854 9696-0