I emailed a little while back asking for some help on sending out large
batches of mail. I have since then, completely rebuilt my mail server,
implementing the big todo patch, and large mail fixes as well as  Krzysztof
Dabrowski's SMTP_AUTH patch.

I run everything through supervise using the scripts from the qmail site, and
other than the aformentioned modifications, nothing has been changed.

I am on a Sun Ultra Enterprise 2 with dual 200 processors and 1.2G of main
memory, qpopper works great, and there are few problems with users in the
office. The critical problem is that NO ONE can connect to SMTP from dialup.
They uniformly get messages saying that the server was not responding.

I tried telnetting to port 25 and waited the better part of 30 seconds before
I got an SMTP prompt. If this is happening to my remote users, then this is
the reason for the no response errors. I would appreciate any suggestions on
how I could fix this.

BTW, I /have/ to use smtp_auth because of the nature of my user base.

Please let me know.

--
Rob Hines Jr.