hello:

i am a neophyte at installing qmail correctly. (please don't laugh too hard at my
questions!) :->

i am installing qmail on my linux 6.1 machine inside of the company i work for. it is
currently running sendmail that comes with redhat. the company has a policy of no
wildcard mx's. a "sendmail.cf" is provided to not use a wildcard mx. within that file
are the two lines that seem to pertinent (as i feebly understand sendmail!)

# Smart host
DSmail.server.domain.com
# Use this mailer to reach the Smart host
DNsmtp
# Restrict DNS to those domain only
CD

my question is how do i avoid the "wilcard mx" problem with qmail? whenever i attempt
a send to outside of my system using:

echo to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

i get a bounce like:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at myclient.server.domain.com.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
1.2.3.4 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 <myclient.server.domain.com[1.2.3.4]>: Client host rejected:
Will not relay via wildcard MX records - reference
http://www.server.domain.com/DNS/wildmx.html
Giving up on 1.2.3.4.

any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

regards,