Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> For what its worth, I was only originally expression an opinion on the
> few paragraphs that Mate posted, from some book that I had never heard
> of, by a "B. Schneier" [sic] I didn't know who he was talking about at
> first, and I was reacting to getting attacked from all sides.  Perhaps
> in the future when people post quotes from print, they should include
> a little bit more context, and perhaps an ISBN number to eliminate
> confusion.

Searching the Index of the Dortmund University Library:

Verfasser      : Schneier, Bruce
Titel/Stichwort: Applied cryptography
HSTZusatz      : protocols, algorithms and source code in C
Verf.Vorlag    : Bruce Schneier
Ausgabebez.    : 2. ed.
Verlagsort     : New York [u.a.]
Verlag         : Wiley
Preis/Einband  : kart. : £ 41.50
ISBN/ISSN      : 0-471-12845-7
               : 0-471-11709-9
Jahr           : 1996
Umfangsangabe  : XXIII, 758 S. : graph. Darst.
[...]

While the left column is in German, you should be able to extract the
desired information. The German translation, "Angewandte Kryptographie",
is published by Addison-Wesley, Bonn sinc 1996; bases on ISBN
0-471-11709-9, ISBN 3-89319-854-7. Translators have been Katja Karsunke
and Thomas Merz, again, for what it's worth.

I assume the £ (Pound Sterling) sign should really be a $ (Dollar)
sign. Check with your favourite book store or library.

--
Matthias Andree