Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I said "sounds like".  And in the context in which his opinion was presented,
> it sounds a lot like MS's.

I read it as if he meant (not a quote, but my interpretation):

  Don't rely on people testing your software, even if you offer money
  for found holes, but if you want reliable audits, go hire somebody.

In fact, the SDMS (secure digital music anything) has rewarded some $$$
for cracking their stuff, which is utterly nonsense. If someone is to
make them feel sorry and ashamed, they'll wait until the "contest" is
closed and file their crack afterwards. Apart from the obvious
impossibility to protect against the final -- decrypted -- information
delivery.

--
Matthias Andree