> The blind leading... C'mon, Jamin, you've had your 264 lines of fame. Now
> go away, will you? You're about to start a war you'll never understand.
> --
Man, this Robin character is nuts. Coder-superiority syndrome big time. Why
is it that tech geeks are so sure that their field of knowledge is the only
one that indicates general intelligence? If Robin is anything like his/her
him/her nearly as intelligent as he/she considers him/herself. True
intelligence is indicated by a broader understanding of things, and the
contributions that many different people have to offer.

You mentioned Darwinism in a former post, Robin. How exactly is an angry
geek who knows a whole lot about electronic boxes, but less than nothing
about interacting successfully with the 5 billion other real-live people on
the planet suited for survival in a Darwinian sense? Something tells me if
you and I were dropped in the wilderness together, I'd be the one coming out
alive, if only because I had you skewered on a spit over a fire within the
first day. In fact it's hard to envision a role for you at all in any world
that wasn't utterly computer-dependant.

Try to remember that there are a lot of fields of knowledge and that your
sweeping name-calling, that people are "too fscking stupid" etc is utterly
absurd. For all you know the people you call "stupid" because they don't
know about qmail just invented the cure for cancer, or the 100 mpg car.

The carpenter who built your house. Your doctor. Your grandmother. Are they
all stupid too because they don't know about qmail?

Now why don't you go answer some questions instead of flaming me back. Show
us all how clever you are, Robin.

Gregg